Pea Blaauw -
Pea will answer any questions you have regarding the exercise programme.
Answers to questions will be presented on the website on the link.
Pea Blaauw holds a masters Degree in Biokinetics.
He has worked at the University of Stellenbosch as a Junior Lecturer and as manager of the Biokinetics Rehabilitation Centre (1996-1998).
With 15 years in private practice, Pea has experience in Orthopedic and Cardiac Rehabilitation, Healthy Lifestyle and Weight loss programmes, and Diabetes Mellitus and Metabolic Syndrome.
Other areas that Pea is involved in include:
• Serves on Health24 fitness Experts Panel
• Has written several articles for Health24 as well as Pols
• Head Biokineticist for National Weight Loss Programme (Sarie Magazine)
• Consultant for Johnson and Johnson Corporate Assessments – 2 years
• Consultant for Mx Health Corporate Executive Assessments – 3 years
• Involved in Health Days for ABSA, Standard Bank, Medscheme
At the Kuilsriver Netcare Hospital (Cardiologist Practice), Pea was involved in Cardiac Testing and Rehabilitation, and developing and monitoring cardiac programmes.
Other work includes: Fitness Testing & Consulting, and Developing programmes for:
• W.P. Rugby Football Union
• Rugby Referee’s in association with SARFU
• Western Province Netball Academy
• NTK Parow Rugby Klub
• Bellville u/21 Rugby team
• Goodwood Rugby Club (2000-2002).
Pea has presented seminars on:
• The role of the Biokineticist in the prevention of Sports Injuries (Sports Injury Convention – Newlands 1992)
• Conditioning of male and female athletes (1991)
• Risks of a sedentary lifestyle (1991)
• A Scientific approach to rugby conditioning (1994)
• The role of science in netball conditioning (1993).
He has written several articles for print publication, including "Methods to determine Body Composition"
Pea has competed the Cape Epic Mountain Bike Race four times, and has participated in the Cape Pioneer 6 Day Challenge.